Best value rifle scope under $200 (Year 2018)
Gun enthusiasts know that getting a good gun is just one piece of the puzzle; to complete it they’ll need the best accessories to make their prized gun a powerful weapon. Riflescopes are one of the important pieces of accessories you can get for your gun.
There’s usually a riflescope for everyone no matter your budget or your need. Many gun users with steep budgets always look out for pocket-friendly rifle scopes for their gun and making the right choice can be tasking. We’ve decided to help out by discussing the best value rifle scope under $200 for any gun user with a budget of not more than $200.
In this article, we would be covering two major sections – the buying guide section which is aimed at giving you first-hand information about rifle scopes (with a major focus on those with pricing under $200). The buying guide section would tell you a few things you should expect to know like what kind of rifle scope you can get for $200, the best rifle scope optics and others.
Then there’s the review section where we would be listing a few of our favorite best value rifle scope under $200.
THE TRS-25 RED DOT SIGHT
THE 511039 MATTE
THE PLINKER 22
THE SOR52001 ROMEO5 COMPACT
What kind of budget rifle scope can I get for under $200?
Like we said in the introductory paragraph, there’s a riflescope for everyone, no matter your budget! Bearing that in mind, with a budget of $200 you should get a decent rifle of any type. Riflescopes come in three major types, the variable scopes, the fixed scopes and the night vision scopes.
- Variable scopes: With a budget of under $200, you can get the variable scopes known for delivering great magnification. These scopes will come in handy if you plan to hunt at long distances. They are usually very easy to adjust the magnification so shooters can get a clean shot on the target.
- Fixed scopes: A less than $200 budget can also get you riflescopes with fixed scope. Most fixed scopes are peculiar to a particular firearm, and they are best used by experts or shooters who have been using the scopes for a while. Fixed scopes don’t have adjusters for zoom as seen in the variable scope riflescopes.
- Night vision scopes: The night vision scopes are specialty scopes used by hunters and shooters who have night time hunting/shooting planned out. They are ideal for areas with little light as the night vision infra-red view would make it easy to see your target. The night vision scope has an interesting ability; they can be combined with either a variable or a fixed scope which makes them a good accessory to have for long distance, night time hunting since you decide on the combo you’ll be going for after considering the distance and your needs.
You can always get a good value rifle scope for under $200 with any of the above types of scopes however since most premium features are fit in the costlier models, you won’t be enjoying a few features especially if you are opting for a night vision riflescope.
How can I avoid buying a riflescope with cheap glass?
This is one of the biggest problems faced by rifle owners looking for the perfect value rifle scope with budgets of below $200. One of the best ways of getting good value for your money even with a small budget is avoiding rifle scopes which promise bogus magnification with pricing ridiculously low. For instance, a scope promising a zoom range of 6X to 30X for about $80 would do you more harm than good since these types of scopes make use of cheap glass that would affect your
For instance, a scope promising a zoom range of 6X to 30X for about $80 would do you more harm than good since these types of scopes make use of cheap glass that would affect your eye sight.
The glasses would produce images which are hazy, warped and blurry, thus not useful for even mid-range shots. This is why you should avoid such optics and go for scopes with reasonable magnification for their price.
Quality scopes which have budget prices would have low magnification but very functional. This magnification although low, when paired with the powerful glass used in the scope’s manufacture, would result in great imagery. Never compromise on the glass of the scope as is the key feature of a great optics.
How do I get the best value rifle scope with my $200 budget?
With a budget of $200, you can find quite a lot of scopes for your rifle. However, it’s important to note the kind of activity that your riflescope would be used for before purchasing any. Since we already know that you would be engaging in a hunting, or shooting activity (since that’s the purpose of purchasing a scope – to aid your vision while outdoor with your firearm), it’s now time to zero down to the specific activity since scopes are of different types and built for specific activities with the exception of a few multi-functional scopes.
Once you’ve zeroed your mind about a particular activity, it’s time to check out the features you would like to see in the scope, things like the zoom range, the tube size, turrets and others. You might not get premium features, but with a little research, you should surely find rifle scopes capable of serving you at prices under the $200 mark.
Can I find a great value rifle scope under $200?
Considering the fact that rifle scope prices reach a high of up to $4000, gun lovers with smaller budgets are always quick to ask the obvious – can a worthy rifle scope that offers great value be found for under $200?
The quick answer to this is – YES.
There are a lot of rifle scope makers, and while there are a lot of scrappy scopes manufactured, some great scopes which offer budget gun lovers great optics at great prices are also available on the market. Thanks to technological advancement, there are cheaper ways of producing lots of items including scopes and manufacturers have jumped on these techniques.
1. THE TRS-25 RED DOT SIGHT RIFLESCOPE BY BUSHNELL
This Riflescope is an excellent item that makes it easy and exciting to hunt. This riflescope is very capable of withstanding the recoil of any gun. It is very accurate, and there is a mirror finish on the lens that ensures a high level of illumination.
Also, the windage adjustment makes it convenient for you to adjust the riflescope to a level convenient enough for you. The TRS-25 makes it easy to aim at your targets without breaking a sweat. Also, it has a design that eliminates parallax, and it does not consume much power.
The red dot is the trademark of this riflescope. It enhances the accuracy of this device as well as giving you a sense of where to position your eyes. It also helps you to track your targets without much stress. This device is waterproof, and it has excellent resistance from shock.
- It is both waterproof and shockproof
- It has 3 Red Dots
- It weighs about 6.4 ounces
- It has a lens power of 1 x 25mm
- It is about 61.8mm long
- Its mounting length is about 28mm
- It has a reasonable adjustable range
- The lens is coated with amber
- It has a good battery
- It is easy to mount and set
All in all, this is a decent rifle scope. It has a good battery life, and you do not have to worry about changing batteries for up to 2 years. It has a Red Dot reticle makes it a superior optical gadget. It has an explicit design that effectively gets rid of parallax.
THE SOR52001 ROMEO5 COMPACT RIFLESCOPE BY SIG SAUER
This item has 2 Red Dots which makes it possible to switch between different levels of illumination. It has a very strong and reliable battery. This riflescope can be used for a broad range of applications, and it is very easy to mount. It is waterproof and fog resistant. The bright, crisp red dot makes object tracking a little easier. This riflescope is not heavy, and the fact that it is made from aluminum makes it very sturdy
- It has a product dimension of 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
- It has a good battery
- Mounting this riflescope is seamless and easy
- It weighs about 8.8 ounces
- The 2 MOA Red Dots gives it varying degree of illumination
- It is designed in such a way that it activates itself when it senses motion and deactivates when there is no movement
- It is sturdy
- It is waterproof
This riflescope is not the top pick of the military for no reason. It has essential qualities that make it highly sought after. This item is well designed, and it can withstand rugged use. It has various mounting options, and this makes it a useful device for a varying degree of applications. It comes at a good price which makes it very affordable.
3. THE 511039 MATTE RIFLESCOPE BY SIMMONS
This unique optical instrument can be easily adjusted and can be used under several conditions. It is designed to be precise, and it gives zero tolerance for parallax. It comes with a set of dovetail rings for easy mounting and installation.
This riflescope makes it easy to aim at your targets within a short time. This instrument is reliable and durable, and it is produced by one of America’s foremost producer of scopes, Simmons. It is sturdy and can be used for rugged purposes. It is a useful tool in the hands of the military. Furthermore, it is very easy to mount, and it produces very clear and bright images.
- It weighs about 9.6 ounces
- It has a product dimension measurement of 15.2 x 3.2 x 3 inches
- It can be easily adjusted to avoid parallax
- It is fully-coated
- Adjustment is pretty seamless and straightforward because of the sure grip rubber surfaces
- It has a coated lens, and this makes for a clearer and brighter image
- It is sturdy
- It is very sensitive to images
This Simmons-produced riflescope is in a league of its own. Highly accurate and very precise, it is a very useful optical instrument that comes at an excellent price. It is easy to adjust and easy to mount and produces a crispy clear image of what it is focused on.
4. THE PLINKER 22 RIFLESCOPE BY BARSKA
This riflescope is adjustable, waterproof, lightweight, and can efficiently produce 3 to 9X magnification. It is an inexpensive instrument that comes with a lens cover, a lens cloth, and rings for mounting and setting up. It is a very versatile optical instrument that is pretty easy to maintain.
The Plinker 22 has a good magnification range and the 32mm objective lens allows users to have a better view of their environment and more light transmission. Its rugged design makes it suitable for hunting applications
- It has a tube that measures about 12-inch in length and 1-inch in diameter
- It is water and fog resistant
- It has an objective lens of 32mm
- It provides a magnification of between 3 to 9X
- It has a weight of about 11.5 ounces
- The package includes a lens cloth and a lens cover
This riflescope is inexpensive and useful for hunters. It also has an excellent range of magnification that adds to its efficiency.
If you are looking for riflescopes which would help you get the most of your shooting or hunting expedition, then a little research for scopes that offer the best value is what you need. We’ve taken our time to compile a helpful list of some very impressive riflescopes which offer superb value and are under $200. We also answered some of the pressing questions you have about getting a rifle scope in our guide above. Hope this article helps you solve the big question – best value rifle scope under 200.